According to UN-HABITAT*, approximately 50% of the world's population live in cities, and this figure will increase to 70% in less than a generation. As a result of the growing distance between home and workplace as well as urban sprawl, settlement structures are becoming ever more complex, and existing transport infrastructures are increasingly pushing capacity limits.
For this reason, it is essential to find new solutions to eliminate current and future transport problems. Ropeways and Cable Liners can be part of the solution by providing an innovative and attractive approach to public transport.
Ropeways and Cable Liners have impressive features which can benefit cities.
Benefits of rope-propelled systems
- Ease in passing over barriers
- Dedicated barrier-free transport route
- Rapid installation
- Unique ride experience for the passengers
- Ropeways create architectural highlights
- Simple combination/integration with other means of transport
- Positive ecological footprint
- Impressive speed
- High availability and reliability
- Barrier-free system
- Impressive operational efficiency
- Extremely space-saving
- High efficiency
- Safe and reliable means of transport
Ropeways do not depend on mountains and snow. They simply need urban transport problems and access deficits in the public transport network. Then they can prove their efficiency and attractiveness as a cost-effective, rapidly installed, innovative link within a successful public transport network!
* The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-HABITAT, is the United Nations agency for human settlements.
Source: Doppelmayr Garaventa Group, http://www.doppelmayr.com